Faculty positions including Programme Director, Civil and Environmental Engineering Programme
The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE), at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) Pakistan, invites applications to fill faculty positions (including the position of Programme Director) at the level of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor (tenure track) to establish undergraduate and graduate programmes in Civil and Environmental Engineering. The School has a reputation of being a leader in interdisciplinary science and engineering education in the country. The Civil and Environmental Engineering programme will add to the exciting forte of state-of-the-art programmes that include Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Currently, SBASSE ranks between 451-500 in QS World Rankings by Subject (2018) in Engineering and Technology. Additionally, LUMS has made it to the top 100 Institutions in Asia according to the QS World University Rankings Asia 2019.
Faculty Applicant Credentials:
- Internationally qualified scholar with a doctoral degree in any contemporary area of Civil Engineering
- Exposure to international academia and industry by way of experience
- Passion for teaching, research and a career in academia
- Creative vision for the field and frontiers of civil engineering and how it can be realized through collaborative research at the LUMS Centres for water, energy, environment, and future initiatives
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities for setting up the new Civil and Environmental Engineering programme at LUMS
Situated in a lively locality of Lahore, the University provides excellent environment for professional growth and excellence. LUMS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications irrespective of background or ethnicity.
Candidates wishing to join LUMS are encouraged to submit their applications with a detailed CV, along with a research statement, teaching philosophy and details of three professional referees to email@example.com
Review of applications will commence from January, 2019. However, this search will continue until the appropriate candidates are identified.