1 Hour online course – 0.1 Continuing Education Unit
This course is ideal for:
Both courses are intended for Engineers who are interested in learning about new methods of product development, project management and collaborative business development tools.
The first course is more general the second course gets into the nuts and bolts of methods of technology development. Both courses improve skills sets in product development, innovation, and new strategies for business development and collaboration.
- To demonstrate how partnering strategies are a means of business development, renewal and growth.
- To change management thinking on traditional methods of firm competition and to demonstrate how strategic capabilities are “the source” of competitive advantage.
- To provide management tools for partnership design and implementation so that partnerships become a main vehicle for product and market development.
- A New Capabilities Approach to Firm Competition
- To introduce Partnerships as a business development strategy including pros and cons.
- A Proprietary Partnering Strategy Framework that Works
- To provide managers with proprietary models and tools that optimize and organize partnership design.
- To define the phases of partnership diagnosis, formulation and implementation including key inputs and outputs on an intuitive Partnership Venture Map.
Capabilities Based Partnerships allow firms to focus and combine their most competitive capabilities with the complementary skill sets of target partners. The right combination of complementary capabilities allows partners to share the cost and risk of product development, achieve innovative and state-of the art product and service design and access markets quickly. Partnership strategies are an unprecedented vehicle for firm growth and renewal but are generally misunderstood and implemented in an adhoc and reactive posture.
This course presents a proprietary and comprehensive framework for Partnership formulation and implementation that optimizes resource focus, business development outcomes and reinvents the traditional view of firm competition. Managers walk away with a hands-on approach and understanding for comparing and mapping partnership strategies that fit the firm’s capability profile, optimize product and market diversification interests, as well as partnering financial, legal and organization structure.
Instructor – Caroline Chana Benchetrit BCOMM, MBA, PhD (ABD)
Caroline has twenty years of experience working with CEO’s and their senior teams in global multinationals and medium sized businesses. As an Associate of two internationally based consultancies Caroline has become a subject matter expert in areas of Strategic Planning and Capabilities-Based Partnerships across industries including Pharma, Biotech, Med Device, IT, Telecomm and Aerospace.