Are You Awesome!? Are you ready to “pull out into the passing lane” and advance your career in Land Development Engineering? D.M. Wills Associates has an opportunity for you.
“To be the preferred partner in engineering, land use planning and environmental services.”
At Wills, we build partnerships with our team members, clients and community rooted in respect and fostered through a work environment that is committed to supporting, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
At Wills, we value smart work and promote a work-life balance for team members with flexible work options including hybrid work (in office/remote). We provide a social and professional environment to support your personal and professional goals.
We believe what we do has a significant impact on our community and the communities where we work. This is something we take very seriously.
Why this Job Matters
At Wills, we form partnerships with our staff, our clients and the public to create land development solutions that work for today’s complex problems and ensures the future quality of life for our communities. The work you do will contribute to successful community and housing developments; a priority for Ontario and across Canada. As a leader in Wills’ Land Development Group, you will have a direct impact in the development of housing for our friends, families and the people of Ontario. The daily activities and decisions made by our Land Development Group have a direct impact on the success and viability of land development and the resulting quality of life for people and their community – something you can take pride in and feel good about.
What You Will Gain
As the Group Leader, Land Development, you will maintain and build on the great reputation of the company and team. You will have the opportunity to apply your civil engineering design skills on projects that you choose, and to mentor and further develop your team. Depending on your interests and motivation, this job can provide an opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Wills offers a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits and merit based bonuses for performance and tenure.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and ranges from $90,000 – 140,000.
D.M. Wills wants to meet candidates where they’re at in their life. This position can include in- office work from our Peterborough or Bancroft Ontario offices with hybrid work options available as well. Additionally, for the right candidate, Wills is open to exploring alternate work locations as well.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading land development projects including rural and urban subdivision developments, as well as some commercial, institutional and residential developments.
This position will report to the Manager of Municipal Engineering.
- Communication with the Management Team in the development of policies, strategic planning and execution of group and department initiatives.
- Preparation and management of the annual group budget and staff needs.
- Preparation and/or coordination of winning proposals for land development services.
- Primary contact for key land development clients.
- Leading/managing the development of preliminary and detail designs, development agreements and approvals, and construction specifications and tender documents for land development projects.
- Providing direction to Engineers, EITs and Designers in maintaining quality of work.
Significant Qualifications Include:
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (P.Eng. with PEO) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. A candidate with both P. Eng. and PMP designations will be looked upon favorably.
- Ten (10) years of Civil/Municipal Engineering experience, in a lead designer and/or project management role with two (2) years of people management experience.
- Strong competency in land development and related infrastructure design.
- Familiarity with and experience applying municipal design standards in southern Ontario, TAC Geometric Design Guidelines, MECP Environmental Compliance Approvals and Ontario Provincial Standards and Specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV directly to HR at HR@dmwills.com with subject line “Land Development – Group Leader”.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations are available to candidates upon request, please advise us if you require accommodation.