Members of the AMC participate in national initiatives providing leadership through several organizations and working groups. The primary groups that are involved with CSCE in these activities include the Canadian Public Works Association (CPWA), the Canadian Network of Asset Managers (CNAM), the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) and the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies in Canada (ACEC).
The AMC is working with the CSCE’s Sustainable Development Committee to promote and develop CSCE’s strategic direction ofLeadership in Sustainable Infrastructure. This involves developing resources to better understand and define sustainable infrastructure to ensure that the CSCE will house the national subject matter experts in this field.
- Implementing practical asset management systems for infrastructure owners.
- The role of asset management systems in quantifying the sustainability of infrastructure in terms of financial, social and environmental aspects.
- Renewing infrastructure using techniques that are more sustainable (i.e. trenchless technologies).
- Building capacity and knowledge surrounding asset management for infrastructure owners.
The AMC is currently acting as the CSCE representatives for the following ongoing national initiatives:
- The Canadian Municipal Infrastructure Report Card
- Engaging with Infrastructure Canada in their process of developing a Long Term Infrastructure Plan
- Working with our industry partners on discussions of a Canadian sustainability rating system for infrastructure
In the past, the AMC has acted as the CSCE representatives in the following activities:
- The National Roundtable for Sustainable Infrastructure (NRTSI)
- The National Asset Management Working Group (NAMWG)