Division Chair’s December 2016 message to all interested CSCE members.
Division Chair’s September 2016 message to all interested CSCE members.
The Cold Regions Division (CRD) of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) promotes and facilitates the advancement, exchange and transfer of knowledge, skills, and experience in the field of Cold Regions Engineering. Cold Regions Engineering refers to the effects of cold climates upon civil engineering practice, including:
- planning, design and construction of engineering works,
- assessment and protection of the built and natural environments, and
- evaluation of the impact and mitigation of the effects of climatic change.
Specific activities of the Cold Regions Division include:
- preparation of technical papers, articles, and publications on subjects related to cold regions engineering,
- facilitation and promotion of technical sessions on cold regions engineering at CSCE annual conferences,
- organization of cold-regions conferences, seminars and lecture tours, and
- cooperation with other foreign, international and domestic engineering organizations with respect to the conferences, symposia, and lecture tours on cold regions engineering.
The Division Council is a volunteer group of CSCE members working for the benefit of the Division, CSCE members, and the profession.
Matt Follett, M.A.Sc., P.Eng.
1088C Noble House, PO Box 1779, Iqaluit NU X0A 0H0
Tyler Heal, EIT
Civil Engineering Lead, Yukon
202-107 Main Street Whitehorse YT Y1A 2A7
Phone: (867) 633-2400 ext 131
Thomas Brown PhD, PEng, FCSCE
Dept of Civil Engineering
University of Calgary
Arlen Foster, P. Eng.
4910 53 Street, PO Box 1777 Yellowknife NT X1A 2P4
Phone: (867) 920-2882 ext 249
Fax: (867) 920-4319